Like what you see? Share this page
10 of KJWW's top developments of 2016
Wed, January 4, 2017
2016 brought top awards, high rankings, an acquisition and big projects to KJWW. Here’s a brief look at 10 of the year's top developments:
- R&D Magazine names the University of Illinois' Electrical and Computer Engineering Building the 2016 Lab of the Year.
- Chicago Athletic Association is named ENR Midwest Project of the Year.
- Michigan-based FES Group merges with KJWW.
- KJWW is chosen to provide engineering design for SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital Campus Renewal Project. The $550 million project includes a replacement hospital, new ambulatory care center, repurposed west pavilion and new central utility plant.
- KJWW is chosen to provide preliminary engineering design services for the new Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University Hospital in Al Kharj, Saudi Arabia. The $126 million, 635,000-square-foot project is led by HKS Architects.
- IMEG Corp., parent company of KJWW and TTG Engineers, is ranked among Engineering News-Record’s 2016 Top 100 Pure Designers, a revenue-based ranking of engineering and architectural firms that provide design services only.
- The University of Florida's Reitz Union is named ENR Southeast Best Project in the Higher Education category. Three other KJWW projects – Benedictine University’s Goodwin Hall of Business, Columbus Regional Hospital Expansion and Chicago Athletic Association Renovation – win ENR Midwest Best Project awards.
- KJWW is named to ENR Midwest's 2016 Top 25 Design Firms. The rankings, based on revenue, also place KJWW in the top 15 firms in Indiana, Missouri and Wisconsin.
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center's Center for Advanced Care is awarded the Healthcare Facilities Symposium Team Award.
- KJWW opens a second office in India. Located in Visakhapatnam, the office houses production staff supporting KJWW and TTG Engineers, expanding the firms' abilities to offer round-the-clock global design development.